Minimum Advertised Price Policy
Magformers® has developed a strong reputation for both a quality product and quality service related to our product. It is paramount, for Magformers®, to ensure that our reputation is protected. To further enhance our reputation, and a competitive environment, Magformers® has unilaterally established a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) Policy.
Magformers MAP policy will apply to all dealers, distributors, and resellers.
- This policy has been established unilaterally by Magformers®, LLC.
- This policy applies to all advertised pricing of Magformers® products. This includes, but is not limited to: mailers, newspapers, inserts, magazines, catalogs, Internet or other electronic media, television, and radio. This MAP policy does not apply to any in-store advertising that is not distributed to the customer.
- Pricing listed on an internet site will be considered an “advertised price”, and as such, must adhere to Magformers® MAP policy. At such time as the price becomes associated with a purchase (i.e. added to cart or proceed to checkout), the price becomes the selling price and is no longer bound by Magformers® MAP policy. Statements such as “add to cart to see price” are acceptable.
- Magformers® MAP policy applies only to advertised prices. It does not apply to the actual sale price offered to individual customers within the reseller’s location. Dealers, distributors, and resellers retain the right to sell Magformers products at any price they choose.
- Temporary sales, discounts, and promotions that effectively or actually lower prices on Magformers® products below MAP policy are acceptable provided prior approval is provided by Magformers®, LLC. Approval may be granted only by Magformers®, LLC itself. No outside representative of the company is authorized to grant such approval. Such approval may be granted only by Magformers® MAP administrator, or by another authorized representative of the company. Approval may be granted on a case by case basis. Magformers is the sole arbiter of such decisions, and reserves the right to make any such decision unilaterally.
- In the event that a dealer, distributor, or reseller chooses not to follow MAP policy, sanctions may be unilaterally imposed by Magformers, LLC. Intentional, or repeated, failure to adhere to Magformers® MAP policy may result in termination of any business relationship. Magformers®, LLC does not intend to do business with dealers, distributors, and/or resellers who compromise the perceived value of Magformers or its products; as such Magformers, LLC reserves the right not to sell to any retailer found to be in violation of this policy.
- Enforcement of Magformers® MAP policy is at the sole discretion of Magformers®, LLC.
- Magformers®, LLC may monitor the advertised price of dealers, distributors, or resellers, either directly or by the use of a third party. Magformers®, LLC is the sole arbiter of its MAP policy and reserves the right to take unilateral action in its enforcement, and in its sole discretion. Therefore, no dealer, distributor, or reseller has any right to rely on the continued existence of the MAP policy, or efforts by Magformers, LLC to enforce its MAP policy.
- Magformers®, LLC and its policy administrator will be solely responsible for determining if a violation of MAP policy has occurred.
- Magformers®, LLC reserves the right to modify, suspend, or cancel this policy (in whole or part) at any time. Magformers®, LLC also reserves the right to unilaterally designate promotional periods, during which time enforcement on MAP policy may be temporarily altered and/or suspended.